- Intracranial surgery covers the benign tumors like meningiomas, and the malign tumors like glioblastomas. It also covers the intracranial vascular surgery, for the treatment of the aneurisms of the cerebral arteries and of the arteriovenous malformations. Finally, there is a group of neurological diseases like epilepsy or Parkinson’s disease, or even psychiatric problems like obsessive-compulsive disorders that can be treated in a surgical way.
- Extracranial surgery also covers several fields:
- Surgery of the spinal cord, mainly to resect benign and malign tumors, and to correct malformations like myelomeningocele.
- Surgery for the peripheral nerves, to release nerve compressions like carpal tunnel syndrome, surgery for nerve plexus, or surgery to resect tumors of the nerves.
- Surgery of the spine, like correction of cervical, dorsal, or lumbar disk herniations, release of compression syndromes (lumbar stenosis), vertebral fixations (arthrodesis) in case of vertebral instability or displacement, and resection of bone tumors of the vertebrae.
In ASANES, we work with highly skilled specialists in Neurosurgery. Ask us.